Wednesday, February 25, 2009
We, in the Dunbar home, have been super ill. Remember on Valentine's Day how I was changing diarrhea diapers? Yeah... well those lasted like TEN days. Along with crazy coughs, volatile sleeping, spiking fevers, and enough boogers to fill a bathtub... you get the picture don't you?
Then this past Sunday, Mr. Dunbar's dearly beloved Auntie Jean, who was 106, passed away. Family is coming into town today throughout the weekend.
So if I haven't called you back or emailed you or Facebooked you I will in a few days.
Hope all is doing well and I will try and find some more interesting things to post other than our sickness very soon.
Friday, February 20, 2009
1. Candy, is the first thing that comes to mind, since I've probably eaten a pound of Valentines Hearts this morning. (Another "c" that comes to mind is cavity, but I don't like that one, so we'll move on.)
2. Cooking- I don't love it but I do enjoy trying a new recipe. I try to do this 2-4 times a month.
3.Cuddling- There is nothing like cuddling with a baby who is sound asleep in your arms, or a 3 year old who asks "Would you like to cuddle with me, Mommy?"
4. Cocoa- Technically it would be hot cocoa I love. You can see my fave here.
5. Chai- Ummm, definetely my most favorite new drink at Starbucks is the Hot Apple Chai. Oh, its all what apple cider wants to be and then some.
6. Candles- I love good candles. Love em. My friend Mrs. C know this and I can always count on her to get me the latest and greatest new scent from Yankee Candle. But I also love White Barn and another brand whose name is escaping me right now? Which is your favorite brand?
7. Clothes- Okay, what girl doesn't love clothes? Right now I am in yoga pants and a sweatshirt that I've had since college, but I do love new clothes. Thanks mom, for my new tee's. She bought me a new shirt that says "Don't be jealous." HUH? And a really cute orange tee.
We were busting up last night. But hey, its new clothes and I didn't have to spend a dime.
8.College- I did enjoy it very much. Maybe not the academic part, but 4 years of living in a bubble was so much fun. And at the end of it I was dating the man who would become my hubby.
9. Clean house- Haven't seen this one in a while. But a girl can dream can't she?
10. Christ- Okay, I know, I know, He should have been number ONE. But I was saving the best for last.
If you would like to play along, just leave me a comment and I will assign a letter to you.
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Mr. Dunbar ~ we are moving ASAP. I just made an executive decision.
58,000 inmates may be release back into society here in our Sunshine State.
The reason? Some judges say the prisons are too overcrowded. I'm sorry since when do inmates get a right to square footage over, I don't know, 12 cubic feet?
Check out this very short video clip. About a minute or so. I couldn't dump it directly into this post.
Did you watch it? Are you outraged too? Unbelievable. So let me reiterate they are going to release up to 58,000 prisoners without jeopardizing my safety or those of my kids? Please tell me how that is possible? All those stinkin inmates were just at the wrong place at the wrong time right? They are just innocent people? I don't think so.
My favorite part? The inmate who said "When I was in here in 1990 and I had a toothache I got it fixed right away. I've been waiting 2 years to have my knee fixed."
Are you freakin joking?!?!?!?!
When I have a toothache, according to the insurance that WE PAY for it costs like $300. Why the heck am I, are we, paying for his toothache? Do you know how much knee surgery costs? The taxpayers, in a bankrupt state are responsible for his knee? No, no, no, no!!!
Where has the common sense gone people??? Where? What state? Please do tell me. The Dunbar's just may be your new neighbors. Oh, and don't even get me started on the 8.6 BILLION dollars they want to cut from education. EIGHT BILLION!!!! From innocent children. Then we wonder why we have so many prisoners. Again, common sense people.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Kid employee: " Order when ready..."
Mr. Dunbar: "Yes, can I have a kids meal..."
From the backseat... "With NO cheese!"
Mr. Dunbar: "With no cheese"
From the backseat: "And NO salad!"
Mr. Dunbar: "That's a regular hamburger with no lettuce."
From the backseat: "And NO broccoli!"
Mr. Dunbar: "And no broccoli."
Kid Employee: "HUH?"
Mr. Dunbar: "Nevermind, that's a regular hamburger, right?..."
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Anyhow here's our stuff for school tomorrow. Little Birdie Secrets showed "boy" Valentine's that Monkey just loved. Here is our finished product.
Their post shows where they got the idea and how to make it. I bought 3 sheets of camo paper at $0.42 each, used card stock and smelly markers that I already had and wha'la; boy valentines. Thank you Little Birdie Secrets, I was so not looking forward to doing a Dora or Diego Valentine.
Oh and that big card stock rectangular thing coming out of the back is a coupon for a Free Kid's Sized Icecream from Chick-fil-A. I got 10 of those for $2.50.
(And if you go there on Saturday night they are having a candle light dinner. We won't be going but you may want to.)
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
He is the guy that says if I don't get the big raise that I am entitled to I'll get a second job so we can keep the lifestyle that our kids are accustomed to (and in order to pay the bills and keep my wife home.) He is the guy that gets up at 4:45AM to go to the gym to stay healthy and sexy for me, his-sleeping-in-my-cozy-bed-till-6am-wife. He is the guy that insists on ironing our clothes on Saturday night for church on Sunday morning, because he knows I will be running around like a crazy lady if we are not all primped and primed for church. He is also the same man that puts his hand on my knee to pray at church, no matter what happened in the car on the way there. (You know an argument is inevitable on the way to church.) He reads his Bible daily. He leads our boys the way a father is supposed to. He makes us laugh. He lets Bogie and I yell.
He is my love, my best friend, my biggest supporter, and my Valentine.
Monday, February 9, 2009
I'm a "bliar," according to Mr. Dunbar. He told me this laughingly, is that a word, yesterday after church. Laughingly??
Remember way back last month when I told you all I was giving up Diet Coke?? Yeah, well I haven't. I still crave it daily. And I haven't given it up, only for a day at a time. So I must confess, I am a blog liar (bliar) after all.
So sad, I know. Perhaps we'll try again when the Bogster is sleeping through the night...
Saturday, February 7, 2009
Everyone was exhausted... nap time.
Friday, February 6, 2009
They were in a little bag.
Monkey carried them in.
Can you tell whose donut was on the top?
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
21. My favorite TV show right now is the Big Bang Theory. I laugh every Monday night.
22. Target can suck all of my money out of my bank account. So to curb this, I always go in with a list, always. And I only go once a week, mostly Mondays. Other money suckers: Nordstrom and Home Depot.
23. I don't like to have real plants in the house. Somehow they all die. I just don't know why. And I tried to keep an indoor herb garden in my kitchen, all of a sudden black gnat things were flying around my head. I threw it away immediately.
24. Mr. Dunbar and I having a standing date to be in Belgium for my 50th birthday.
25. God is molding me daily. I understand who I want to be and it is a long hard road.
And 26 is a bonus: I like to wear big sunglasses and most pictures of me are taken by yours truly, otherwise there would be NO pictures of the mom in this here Dunbar Fam.