Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Thought


Did you know that Jesus first miracle was turning water to wine at a wedding?

If you went to church today (Sandals Church) then of course you knew that.
But up until this morning, I had never given it much thought. Our Pastor gave a lot of background on this miracle and how Jesus' momma; Mary, was the one that called Him to it. Gotta love Moms, especially mom's of boys. (Of course I'm impartial.) Anyhow, Pastor Matt talked a lot about weddings, especially modern day weddings. It made me smile, as he was the one who performed our wedding. It was bliss until he asked my husband to marry himself. You can see a great picture of it here. It was a wonderful wedding, put together in three months. But even in three months I spent countless hours taking care of every detail I could possible think of. I mean I spent hours upon hours upon hours. But didn't we all? Then today I thought of Jesus and how he created wine (20 - 30 gallons) out of jugs of water because He could, because someone asked Him to do it. In a matter of a minute. No grapes. No fermentation process. No extended time. He did it because he could (and because His mom asked Him too.) Wow. He is a miracle worker, the creator of the heavens and earth. I need to remember that. I think I had forgotten what Jesus is truly capable of doing, if only I asked.

John 2 5-11
But his mother told the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.” Standing nearby were six stone water jars, used for Jewish ceremonial washing. Each could hold twenty to thirty gallons. Jesus told the servants, “Fill the jars with water.” When the jars had been filled, he said, “Now dip some out, and take it to the master of ceremonies.” So the servants followed his instructions.
When the master of ceremonies tasted the water that was now wine, not knowing where it had come from (though, of course, the servants knew), he called the bridegroom over. 10 “A host always serves the best wine first,” he said. “Then, when everyone has had a lot to drink, he brings out the less expensive wine. But you have kept the best until now!” This miraculous sign at Cana in Galilee was the first time Jesus revealed his glory. And his disciples believed in him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your wedding picture! It