Friday, August 12, 2011

Simple Chatter for a Friday

This might be one of my favorite shots from when the out-of-town Dunbar cousins were here last weekend.

And alas, they were quiet. That was nice. August 127
I made these cupcakes for the last night they were in town. When I made them I kept adding more and more red color gel to the frosting and it just wasn’t getting that deep hue I was after. Kids ate em, deep red or not. Go figure. (I put so much color in the frosting mouths and fingers were turning red… eek)  August 114
And this guy!  How does he get like this when he can’t even crawl yet? Guess I better tie the bumper down now.

August 001August 003August 008

This, my friends, is Yoda Soda, taken from the Starwars Cookbook. I’d give you the recipe but then I’m sure someone from the Star Wars Empire would come looking for me and their royalties.    August 139
But even better than Yoda Soda was the Darth Malt. Now this was pretty darn good.  Monkey set up the scenes himself and just told me to shoot when he was ready. (Creative genius in the making I tell you.)
August 141
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Currently I have a bandage around my entire right foot from the Podiatrist and I can’t wear any of my regular shoes, not even flips. I had a splinter removed from the bottom of my foot. It had been in there for almost four months. Four months I’ve been walking on a needle stabbing the bottom of my foot with each step I took. Three doctor’s visits, 2 painful shots and now a few stitches but hopefully the thing is gone. I had never been to a Podiatrist before. He said most of his patients were diabetics and the rest were mostly odds and ends cases like mine. He told me he loved his job and that all of the great blessings in his life were a result of this good career choice. I am now walking around with an ugly generic black shoe and trying to convince one of my sons to become a Podiatrist. (And of course the other two to become Dentists.) Nobody’s buying my suggestions…yet.

I can not leave you with this frown, as adorable as it is.
August 154
So I’ll leave you with a picture of this little turkey who jumped right in my shot when the baby decided to smile.
August 150

Have a great weekend.
~mrs. dunbar

7 comments:

AGohl said...

Your posts make me smile. :)

{cindy} said...

What a sweet little frown that is!:)
Ouch, sorry about your foot trouble...all from a splinter huh??
love the cupcakes and the sweet cousin shot
have a happy day

Anonymous said...

So cute!
Hope your foot feels better now that the splinter from hell is gone!

Lori said...

great pictures. hope your foot feels better and soon!

Nicolle said...

Your boys are SO cute, and your pictures of them always make me smile. Bless your heart for walking around with a hurt foot. I'm glad you got it taken care of! Your cupcakes are BEAUTIFUL!

Have a good weekend. :)

Reese and Leigh said...

I forgot how I found your blog..I read too many :) but your boys are too precious! They always look so happy and fun!

Sarah said...

Oh my..love the bowl of cherries, ooh I can't wait for summer! You are clever, those cupcakes look delightful and so do your little bubbas! xxx