Saturday, December 6, 2008

Accepting what's best


I always liked the quote "Motherhood is learning to live with your heart outside your body."


Bogie is starting to crawl. Monkey is at the Pre-School age where he can do just about everything by himself, and that's the way he wants it to be. I just pray that they would know how much I love them, how much I plead with God to protect them from physical and emotional harm. I want them to appreciate my prayers for their souls, their brains, their hearts, their wallets, and their future wives. (Those wives will someday hold the power to almost all of the above.) I pray for their friendships and the souls of those friends. I pray for their time and how they spend it.


And then sometimes I pray that I would truly understand that they are not really mine and that someone bigger than I knows what's best for them. In my womanhood, I don't like this prayer very much, I want to control this, too. I want them to be mine always always. But I am raising men. Somehow, God knows what's best. I still don't like it, but I am accepting it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog, OLeary. I also love to see kids learn new things. I just like to see the excitment in their eyes as they say,"Mommy. Guess what I learned today!" My son and daughter are very curious about everything, and they love to learn. My son loves school, and he is doing great.

BookingAlong said...

I came to your blog by chance and just wanted to say - thanks for the ray of light today :)

Kimberly said...

I happened upon your blog through a comment you left over at Blessings, and I'm so glad I did. This post gives me much food for thought in the way that I pray for my own children.