Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Inspiration

So Mr. Dunbar read one of my previous posts and said "You want everything in 2009!"
Of course I do. That's just me. I want. I want. I want. But it makes me happy wanting.
Biblical? Maybe not, but I don't get angry any more because I don't have, that would definetely be un-biblical. So...I have settled upon being happy, just wanting. Not every minute am I happy just wanting, but most minutes.

So my inspiration for 2009, is to be happy where I am at.

I want to be thankful each morning that I wake up and see my boys with bed head and not have to rush out the door by 7am.

I want to enjoy the fact that my husband comes home every evening with a smile on his face, whether or not dinner is ready.

I want to relish in the fact that we have a home that is ours, and I am going to put plenty of holes
in the walls this year, and some paint too.

I want to look in the mirror and think "This is me." and be completely happy with it. Hey all of the baby weight is gone and I'm 30. And a box of hair dye is only $7.

I want to walk my dogs and appreciate how they protect my boys and my home.

I want to chit chat with my friends, recall memories with my mom, and make plans with my husband.

I want to take pictures and capture the moments that are my life.

2008, was not the best year. But it was a year that I won't soon forget.

My Bogie was born, healthy. That was the greatest blessing.

March 14, 2008
Decenber 26, 2008

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just like you. I always want. I am trying to be thankful for ALL that we have, which is so much!

Ali said...

We're alike in soooo many ways!!! you totally inspire me:-)

Jenny said...

What a great post. You put into words what I've been thinking. I want to be content with my life...happy where I am at. So true. Thank you.