Today the boys and I had a relaxing day at home. The weather was about 80 degrees.
You know that's "baking weather" in November for SoCal, don't you? (It's as good as its gonna get.)
So, we seized the opportunity to bake some chocolate-chip oatmeal cookies.
My sues chefs hard at work.
Just in case you'd like to make these deliciously easy cookies:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In large bowl cream butter, brown sugar, white sugar.
3. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
4. Then stir in vanilla extract.
5. Combine flour, baking soda, salt. Then stir into creamed mixture.
6. Mix in oats and chocolate chips.
7. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
8. Bake for 11 minutes.
(Recipe from allrecipes.com.)