Sunday, July 24, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

Wow, time is flying by. I think I say that about once a month.

The Dunbar boys have been keeping me busy this summer season. They’ve been actively becoming swimmers with lessons 4 days a week.  July 060 July 063 July 067 July 129July 082 July 085  July 134

Monkey attended Sports Camp, our church’s version of VBS. (The only down side; you had to be five to attend. Bogie was NOT happy about this.)July 413

Some of our friends Becca and Mikey were Camp Directors. It’s always such a surreal time when other’s that we know love on our kids. I totally appreciate them and their time invested in kids this summer. July 416 July 417 July 423

We were down and out for a few days with some sickness, me included. I kept finding all of the boys like this. They love to crawl into the crib when Popeye is in there, it cracks me up. July 430 July 431

And that crib has surpassed the money we paid for it six years ago. I’m just wondering why I chose that blonde wood, like I said six years its lasted. And that fish machine, God bless the person who created it. Each of my boys has loved it. July 434

My Popeye is now five months old. July 443-1

-He continues to stick his toes in his mouth each and every time I try to change his diaper.

-He is definitely right-handed.

-He can roll over from tummy to back from either side.

-He’s really close to sitting up on his own.

-Each and every thing handed to him goes straight into his mouth.

-The camera is still not a favorite, but tolerated now.July 446

-We tried baby cereal, this is what he thought of it. And he thinks pretty much the same thing about the bottle. He still won’t take one at all. Any ideas? July 380-1

-He went swimming for the first time. July 453

July 458

-I wish I could capture his smile. It’s beaming. It really is.

-He is a happy baby that loves to be in my arms. This stronghold is really short lived so I am enjoying each second of it.

And that about sums us up. Now I’m going to hop on over and see what you all have been up to.

~mrs. dunbar

9 comments:

Unknown said...

you have some seriously gorgeous kids! Looks like you're having a great summer!

Jess

Lori said...

looks like a fun and busy summer. I love the pictures of all three boys in the crib. Looks like they are loving their little brother. That pool your boys are taking lessons in is really nice! have you tried changing the consistency of the cereal you are feeling popeye? My youngest son hated it when it was runny, but loved it when it was a bit thicker.

Mrs. C... said...

I LOVED swim lessons and my kiddos still talk of the jumping from the wall experience. It is money well spent. Can't wait to see you face to face this week! Mwah!

SZM said...

The photo of all 3 in the crib is such a great capture. I remember when my youngest was not a fan of cereal or a bottle, and then one day it just switched. It was bittersweet.

Megan said...

The picture with the water droplets is amazing...

I love your summer and your baby boy. Mine always loved being in my arms and still is such a affectionate cuddle bug!

And you look great!

Genn said...

Love the pics of all the boys in the crib! Great moment you captured there.
:)

Michele said...

Great photos. The photo of the boys in the crib is priceless! I have that dot shirt from Target! Fun!

Sarah said...

Loving the picture of your two older boys in there green shirts with beaming smiles...soooo cute! Your little popeye is adorable, such blessings! The time with them when their little goes so quickly, I am gateful I enjoyed every moment of their twinkling toes! xxx

Cathy said...

Oh, what joy to catch up with you! I think I like the picture of Bogie and the big hunk of cheese! And Auntie Marian is beautiful! What a great day. And YOU! Look! Fantastic! Way to go, Mama :) xoxo