Absolutely positvely the most very favorite toy in the Dunbar house is the iPhone or the iPod. Even this one, who is not quite one, yet will drop everything else to play with it.
Latest Dunbar happenings:
1. One sick child… again. Goodness gracious people.
2. I am in the middle of a ‘labor of love’ for my husband, as I type this. It’s happening in the kitchen. Any guesses? Details tomorrow.
3. I have another project brewing for Monday, and I feel like an Amish woman. Can’t wait to share that.
4. Who knew that it would take over a week to catch up from a 4 day trip? Seriously, everything is just barely back to order since our ski trip.
5. In passing I heard a kid say today, “I don’t like any of the things my parents buy with their money for me.” I wanted to cry. I know what he meant; he’s bored with his toys, but I took it to heart. They want our time, our attention, our praise. Pretty soon, all of those toys will be the only thing he knows of love and that’s when entitlement sets in. (Ha. Says the girl, who’s infant is playing with an iPhone.)
6. Trying to take pictures of boys is like trying to tell an elephant to sit while a mouse crawls up his back. Why don’t they just listen? Why?