Friday, May 14, 2010

The All American Camera Man

Monkey was the class helper this week at school.
IMG_3027He got to hold the flag and lead the class in the Pledge of Allegiance. It was so sweet listening to him and all of his classmates recite it.
IMG_2993
But his favorite part of the day was showing off what he brought in the share bag:
his camera.
IMG_3032
He told the class how “it used to be his Mom’s, but now its his. He’s had it for 32 years and it can hold 85 pictures. But he doesn’t like taking pictures of his family, he’d rather take pictures of his animals.” And then he proceeded to show everyone a picture of his animals that he had lined up on his bed during nap time.
IMG_3035 IMG_3036
This kid really does get some great shots. Hmmm, maybe he gets it from me.
Have a great day.
~mrs. dunbar

11 comments:

feather said...

so cute! you had that for 32 years, huh? that's amazing... my kids got my old point and shoot passed down to them when i got my "real" camera. they love it and take the craziest pictures. i guess that's where it starts, huh?

Genn said...

How cute is that? He looks so proud to share his picture of his animals.

And what fun to go to a Cirque De Soleil show. I've never seen any of them but would love to.

Have you been using PS? Your pics look nice.

jen@odbt said...

You've got the budding photographer. You should post a collage of his shots.

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

Adorable! Isn't it cute how they get so excited for their special day?!

Mrs. C... said...

Adorable really!!! We took the kids to the zoo. On one occation, Matt bought the kids their own disposable cameras. It was priceless, and a memory that they still have. You should publish Monkey's in a book from the year on Snapfish or something. He will laugh when he is a photographer like Mommy and Mr. Brent.

Home's Where My Heart Is said...

32 years?! I love it. My son has no concept of time, either :)

Seizing My Day said...

sounds like my little girl! a few years ago!! ;)

brandy said...

That is so sweet! I love when I download the pictures off my camera and find all the funny pics my daughter has taken without me knowing. The 32 years comment is classic!

Katie said...

Now that is priceless!!

Kristi said...

Okay that's seriously the cutest thing. 32 years? Love it. So adorable!

patty said...

that's adorable! you should print and frame some of his photos... bet he'd be tickled! :)