Monday, April 18, 2011

Colored Eggs

Each year the coloring of eggs is the big thing at The Dunbar’s. This year was especially nice since the day was warm enough for egg coloring and swimming. April 233April 232April 237  Now, this egg coloring thing has been a tradition at the Dunbar’s since Mr. Dunbar and his cousins were Littles. They had an even mix of boys and girls and I was told the dyeing process would take an hour or so because the girls would take their time and choose their colors and decorate each egg perfectly. Well, since we only have boys this process was completed in all of ten minutes. April 236  April 239   April 243-1 April 246April 245April 241  April 240April 247 April 249

These hands, oh these hands, are always so messy.

April 250 April 251

April 252 April 254

The most exciting part of this egg process is not the coloring, but the hiding and finding.

April 293April 282 April 284 April 286  April 289 April 290  April 294 April 295

Boys with board shorts and baskets, now that is a Life Made Lovely.

April 296


Photobucket

~mrs. dunbar

10 comments:

Lori said...

looks like they had fun! you got some great pics of your guys in their Easter finest (o:

Katie @ minivan diva said...

Nothing like egg hunting in swim trunks...love it!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Love those little boy hands:)

Unknown said...

Thank you for reminding me to die eggs! :)

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful family! I am a new follower of your blog, and I love reading about mama's with lots of boys like me!

Hope your Monday is fabulous!

Jessica

{cindy} said...

Oh how I love those messy hands!
Can't wait to break out (well not really break) our eggs and dye this weekend!
Have a happy day

Cathy said...

could your photographs be any more amazing?! you rock, girlfriend :) xoxo

Nicolle said...

Oh my goodness, all of those photos are precious! I guess I'm not brave enough to do the egg dye with my 3 year old yet, but I know he would love it. I will think about it! :))

Genn said...

Great photos Irene! I bet they loved getting their hands so messy. :)

Megan said...

Oh it looks like your little guys had fun!
I left the Easter baskets at home and I can't seem to find any egg dye here. It makes me sad! I am all about the traditions!