The surprise Finale.
My mom left a comment yesterday, so just in case you don't read it here it is. Because she is so much more knowledgeable than I am.
All I can say to all you MOM'S out there including you honey is:
1. Enjoy each day with your babies. You have been BLESSED. A child is a GIFT from GOD. He or she will grow up before your very eyes. Faster than you want them to!
2. YOU WILL make some mistakes along the way. Learn to forgive yourself and pray that your kids will forgive you too. When things got tough, I would throw my arms up and pray out LOUD,"God,HELP ME, give me patience, please help me NOW". IT WORKED EVERYTIME!!!!
3. If at first you don't succeed you try and try again. What worked with your first child may not work with the second or third. That's when you call upon the wisdom of the women that surround you. ie; your own moms, your mother-in-laws, your grandmothers, your girlfriends and your PRAYER PARTNERS.
4. Never forget that you were a wife FIRST and then a MOTHER. Ladies, your husbands love their babies too but, they NEED your time and attention. So.... Do you need a FREE babysitter? Be wise, this is your opportunity to make TWO people You LOVE Happy. Call on your Moms and Mother-in-Laws. Two to three hours out with your husband will make a world of difference in your marriage not to mention the blessing your bestowing on your parents and or in-laws by ALLOWING them to spend time with THEIR grandchildren.
5. Sleep. . . get as much as you can. You will have YEARS of sleepless nights. You think it's hard waking up in the middle of the night to feed an infant ha, that was easy! Just wait until they become teenagers and their out on DATES driving your new car!!! And then they want to go OFF to college for 4 years. Just get ready! It's not easy letting go. OH, OH, OH, just wait until the day comes when they tell you they want to go to another continent (Europe) for 2 months!!! If you don't own any knee pads I suggest you start thinking about buying some now.
6. Every stage of your child's life is precious. I can't say I have a favorite age. It's been a wonder journey.I LOVE ALL THREE OF MY BABIES ALL THE SAME. Each one has filled my life with HAPPINESS and JOY. I've had my share of scary moments,(my fire bug son you know who you are and my evil-Knievel off road driver! (totaled a brand new truck) and yes, I've live through a few heartaches as well, But all in all I have been truly BLESSED.
Once again thank you for this wonderful gift. But then, I was Blessed the day you were born. You were an easy child to raise. My little princess, my perfectionist, my little girl.
Love Always and forever, MOM