Thursday, May 3, 2012

Leftovers and Love

Mr. Dunbar and I had a quick bite to eat at one of our favorite little dives here in town. Do you have those places that you’re like, “MMMM…. I need some (insert favorite meal) from (insert favorite restaurant).”

Well that is me with this Tom Kha Gai soup. It’s a Thai soup with coconut milk and chicken with mushrooms and it is delicious. I’m not a big fan of mushrooms myself but this soup is really good and at our little restaurant that we love so much it’s brought out in a really neat contraption.

IMG_0479

They bring it out boiling hot and then light a little flame in the middle to keep it steaming while you eat and chat and help yourself to more.

IMG_0480

Somehow this past week, we didn’t finish it all and ended up bringing it home. The next day I packed it in Mr. Dunbar’s lunch. Usually if I’m willing to bring something home as leftovers, you better know, I’m going to eat it. But as the loving wife that I am I sent him to work with it.

Now that was an act of love.

I guess he’ll just have to take me to dinner again.

2 comments:

{cindy} said...

Oh I love lunch leftovers:)
how sweet of you to give it away.
have a happy day

Genn said...

You gave Mr Dunbar the soup!
Oh you do love him don't you? :)

Fun night out, I love those.

And your bangs, girlfriend I think they look fine. I do see how they are kinda flippy a little, is that what you are talking about? The longer they get the easier they will be to straighten. But you know what I think you need?
Bralizan Blowout. ;)