Monday, October 27, 2008

Wedded Bliss Among Other Things

This past weekend Mr. Dunbar and I went to the wedding of one of my oldest and dearest friends. (Old in friendship, not in age.)

Kristina finally got married. It was so great to see her. I hardly ever do now. She is a high-powered executive person who takes the subway at 11pm and dines in fancy restaurants. And her beau is just perfect for her because he does the same and they love that lifestyle. (Which is so so different from mine.)



My other oldest and dearest friend also flew in from the east coast. Nicole is brutally honest and histerically funny with her quick wit.



I love them both dearly. Seeing them brought a flood of memories back to my mind. Too many to type...




And although the three of us live in different states in different parts of the country our friendship remains. Its a precious gift. You know what the beauty of childhood friendship is? Its that those people love you and know you for you.

For me these girls were there before the make-up, before the zits and the crazy raging horomones.

They knew me when big bangs were in and MC Hammer was cool.

They knew me when my heart was first broken.

They walked together with me down that graduation aisle.

They stood beside me when I walked down the church aisle.

They smiled and said a prayer when my babies were born.

They encourage me in my marriage and motherhood.

They know me. My crazy, self-possessed, critical thoughts. And they still keep calling me their friend. Wild, I know.







2 comments:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

So sweet and soo fun! I'm glad you found my blog and glad that you're joining in! I love weddings, especially for those so close :)! Come back and visit anytime :)

Nic B. said...

Am I really brutally honest? I was trying to be complimentary! :) It was greeeaaat seeing you. I wish I could have had more time with you and your fam.