Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Painting, Shoes, Movies and the Mall

Well we Dunbar’s have been keeping busy with summer. Monkey had been begging to have his friends Missy and Bubba come over. Those are the nicknames that only their family calls them, but Monkey has adopted these guys as family.  Missy is an artist just like her dad. Creativity seriously runs through her.

 IMG_4668 IMG_4671

Bubba is the world’s best big brother. This kid is the most generous, patient, kind, fun-loving kid I have ever met. (And I’ve met a lot of kids.) He always makes time and room for Monkey. And I am forever thankful.IMG_4669

Monkey is telling him that they are almost the same height because he wants to be just like him.

IMG_4684 

On another note:

These babes came in the mail yesterday. I got them at Old Navy. Aren’t they so hot for the summer?  And guess what, I only paid $8 for them. They run $19.50, plus I ordered them on a Tuesday (10% off day), then I looked up an online coupon (10 bucks off) then I got free shipping. Score!IMG_4701IMG_4699 copyIMG_4705

And this morning the Dunbar’s and Salinas’ hit up the free kids movie. The entire way there, I had to keep explaining why we were not going to see Toy Story 3 today. Monkey was not buying my explanation of Daddy wanting to see it too, that’s why we have to wait until Friday. Target popcorn and snacks held them over for a half hour of Veggie Tales. I got a popcorn and soda at Target for $1.63, a bag of Fun Size M&M’s for $3, and brought juice boxes from home. Hey, kids popcorn meals at the cinema cost $5.75. For that price I’d rather go have lunch at the Nordstrom Cafe.

IMG_4714 IMG_4713

IMG_4717 copy

Yes my beautiful child on the left is pouting. He wanted to play the ultra-expensive video games inside the movie theatre. But this mama put the smack down on that. Since we left the movie half way through and I had some things to get done at the Mall (like get my free lipstick from Back to MAC.) We all headed that way.

Craziness! We didn’t take strollers and these guys were going bonkers playing off of each other. The only thing that settled them down were the TV’s in the stores. Whoever came up with that idea is genius.

IMG_4729My boys shared a moment of brotherly love. There was no room on the bench for Bogie, so Monkey just sat him right in his lap.

Today I’m feeling blessed to have wonderful boys and amazing friends to spend our days with. Grateful that my friends enjoy being a mom just as much as I do. Happy that they are fun and love my boys even when their doing the nutso dance.

~mrs. dunbar

16 comments:

Alisa said...

I'm lovin' those shoes girl and for 8 bucks, how can you beat that! It's those pouty pictures that you will look back on and just crack up. It can't all be sunshine and roses and our pictures should reflect that.

PS: I love stores with little TV's in them. It makes life easier!

jules said...

That is a pretty handsome group of boys, even with the pouty face...

jen@odbt said...

You've been so good about documenting your summer days. Love the sandals and those free movies rock.

Ali said...

Fun summer days :o) Free movies are SOOO amazing. Can't complain and it even keeps you cool on these hot summer days.

I LOVE the shoes. WAYYYY cute :o)

Lori said...

Super, super cute shoes! And a good deal to boot!

Seizing My Day said...

We have those free movies too~~ I need to look ours up and see whats playin when!! ;) thanks for the reminder! Your boys are So darn cute!! ;)

patty said...

sweet, and the cost of popcorn and soda at the movies is insulting! really. i get that they have a trapped market, but when i can go buy 2-3 2L bottles of soda for the price of a small, puuulllllease! the last time broke my spirit. sneaking in contraban the next time!

Martha said...

summer days...how fun...and it always seems like we are putting every last thing in our days....love the picture of all them together:)

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Such a cute post. Cute kids and super cute shoes!

On the Bright Side said...

Who wouldn't want a kid names bubba to come over? Love the shoes. :)

Alisa said...

Hi there!- I just wanted to let you know I left you a little blog award today.

Blessings,
Alisa

http://alisa-thesweetlife.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-hot-date.html

Nancy said...

Shut the door on those shoes... I need those. I just might have to be a copycat. Adorable.

Mrs. C... said...

I love that you posted and took the pictures of the kids!!! WHEW!!! Everyday, Missy is taking pride in her art on the frig. IT just adds to the collection there ;) WE had a great time, and will have you over this week. MWAH!!! Hey MoVal movie is $1 and has newer movies. Let's go!!!

Anonymous said...

Not sure you are still alive. It's been a while since your last post. I may come over to make sure your fingers are not broken.....

Jill said...

What cuties!! the boys AND the shoes!! :)
Blessings!
Jill

Ashley said...

Love-love-love the sandals! I looked on their website and did not see them =( sad for me, glad for you!
Ashley