Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Pillow Style

I completed my first project that I learned about via blogs.
Hooray.
I have a few more in the works, a few that have turned into disasters, and tons more on the brain.
So a few days ago, Kimba from A Soft Place to Land posted a picture of a pillow cover she had created without sewing. My kind of project, you know, since I don't own a sewing machine and even if I did I don't know how to sew. Even though my mom signed me up for sewing classes when I was twelve and spent hundreds of dollars on supplies, and well the only thing I ended up making were the most hideous pair of drawstring green pants; and I have not turned on a sewing machine ever since. (Now that I'm 30 perhaps I'm ready to tackle this learned talent once more.)

Anyhow, here are pictures of my NO SEW pillow cover.

Doesn't it just look so girly and comfortable, with ratty edges and all?

It really would look nice on a cream colored chair, but you won't find one in my great room. I live with men, who use everything, like its a man's.


The flip side was this solid green that I found at $JoAnn's for $2.50 a yard. Little did I know what a steal I was getting. I only bought 3 yards... like I said, little did know.


Here she sits on my brown leather chair. I need something else to pull it all together.
Any ideas?

PS Kimba's post has all of the directions on how to do this project. A word of warning, if you are not used to cutting with scissors, your hands will be sore after one pillow's worth of cutting.

7 comments:

jen@odbt said...

That looks really great and I like it on the leather chair. I'm thinking of attempting a no-sew window treatment...thinking being the operative word.

Anonymous said...

soo cute! Look at your creative skills!

Mrs. C... said...

I'm very proud of you!!!!

Ali said...

Cute!! Love it. I'm gonna have to do that with some of our pillows since I am doing different colors in the new house. Beats buying new pillows.
I do the same thing with blankets. Get two cute pieces of really warm, soft fleece, cut and tie. They are super comfy in the winter and look really cute as well.

Anonymous said...

you are a suzie homemaker! H

The Buntens said...

Wow you are so creative!
You would love The Nesting Place.

Check her out if you haven't already.

nestingplacenc.blogspot.com

Katie said...

That turned out so cute! I have been wanting to make some of these ever since I saw them on Kimba's blog. I'm wanting to do some in Amelia's "new" room! So cute!