Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Close Out of 09

I don't know about you but I am ready for this year to be over.
Yup. '09 was not my favorite year of any.
So I am looking forward to 2010.
I think I'll pronounce it "twenty-ten."

I like the way that sounds. Already have my Resolutions and Goals swirling around in my head, haven't exactly narrowed my "word" for the year yet, but that should be decided upon soon. Mr. Dunbar and I will have our annual Goal Setting meeting soon, probably this weekend. Some years this meeting has been fun, some years this meeting has turned into disaster, but all years it put's us back on the same page. Which is kind of important in a marriage. I like that, being on the same page with the same goals as Mr. Dunbar. I'm thinking we may even include Monkey in a few of the goals we have for him. Perhaps one or two, he's turning into such a big boy. I don't really like it, but such is life, one day he will be a man leading his own family. sigh...
Will you set out and write some goals or resolutions? With your husband? Your family?
Maybe I'll even write them out in a new way this year instead of my typical list format. If I was creative I'd make a "rap song" out of them. Ha. Not really, just checking to see if you were still reading. Perhaps I'll put them on these and then put them in a glass hurricane or a cloche or something. Who knows. I'll keep you posted.

7 comments:

Martha said...

How neat..you did catch my attention when you said creating a rap song:)...that would be a riot!...I very much loved your comment about 4 points...and that is on my list to improve on for next year so thank you so much for the suggestion to me:) Happy New Year! {by the way my next post will be the post you mentioned my blog to do 10 things so thank you for that:) }

jen@odbt said...

I'm still thinking about my word for the year too. We don't usually do resolutions as a family but I like the idea of everyone being on the same page. Happy New Year!

Janna said...

I usually don't make resolutions, but I do want to have a focus for the year - so many areas I need to improve though. How to chose just one? I like your idea of the hurricane with your goals written and tossed inside. Hmm, wonder what I'll do to keep track of mine. You got me thinkin' now.

Anonymous said...

I would like to hear your rap song about your goals! You could post a video! It's a great idea though. I would do that to only I'm still just surviving one day at a time right now. maybe next year...

Genn said...

What a cute idea to write your resolutions down and put them in a hurricane. I bought a new chalkboard for my house and I have written my word and mantra on it. Happy New Year!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

cleverrrrrr as ever.
and... the fact that yall sit down and go over things together... the best part.

hAppY NeW YeAr to you and your family... cheers... hugs... blessings... to you!


carissa

patty said...

i think it's great that you do this together!
and i'm curious about those white thingys... ??
happy new year!