Tuesday, December 1, 2009

We saw the big guy

Last night for the boys' surprise we took them to see Santa. But the best part about it was that some of their friends were there, too. Every year a family in a different city than ours opens up their home and has a Open House Christmas party with Santa in attendance.

They have snack foods, drinks, carolers, face painting, Santa's sled and tree with a train.
It's the works!

Bogie was amazed by all of the action.
Here he is watching the carolers, in total awe.


These guys look like they're about to go through a time travelling tunnel, but that was just me, moving the camera. They make a good looking family, I think they should have more kids.

Like 4 more.

Monkey kept saying "A woman painted my face."
Of course he chose a Jolly Roger.

Here are these two rascals, again.
Boys riding in Santa's sleigh.

And of course our pictures with Santa.




Santa doesn't play a big role in the Dunbar Christmas, but come on, he's a fun part of this month. We'll have the boys write a letter to him later on this week since Santa fills the stockings.

I also got a super special surprise while we there, but I'll save that for another post.




13 comments:

jen@odbt said...

Fun! I'm hoping our church has its annual breakfast with Santa again. I love the family pic and how did you take the one of your friends - love how they stayed in focus and the lights are moving.

Janna said...

The coordinated shirts on your boys are so cute!

Genn said...

Great pictures! Love the family one too. I am wondering if I will be able to get my girls anywhere near a Santa this year.

Now I am also dying to know what your suprise is.

cathy said...

Oh, that's the BEST way to see Santa -- in the comfort of your friends' home! Alright, I'm trying to grow my bangs out and am going crazy--how do you keep your gorgeous hair out of your face?! (You and the family look wonderful)

ps--do you like your new camera? we're shopping for a new (good) one. What say ye? (drop me a line when you get a second, please).

Anonymous said...

great family picture! santa looks so real! what a fun party! i bet the boys were very happy with your surprise! xo

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh so cute... Santa doesn't play a big role in our house either, but it's so fun when they are little like that!

You guys look so cute!

Mrs. C... said...

Cute, cute!!! I have a funny story about Bub....he figured it out supposidly "Santa really lives in the South pole where there is snow, not just ice!" I cried from laughter!

Nancy said...

I can't wait to hear what is on their lists!

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

well how neat is THAT!
family friends... and some good fun!

too cute the pic of yall...
so P R E T T Y !

oh... and on the little things in the advent. i found myself trying to come up with things too. some things maybe i put...
stickers... socks... candy...
cutout felt shapes with punched holes then put ribbon through (ornament like)... vintage paper goodies... Christmas confetti... chapstick (good golly we need that here :O)... sweet note... tiny jingle bells... cutout snowflakes... candy canes... beads & twine to make bracelets...
trying to think what else i put in there! :) ha! i do know some things wouldn't fit so there is a note inside to lead to treat.
Michaels (i miss it so) and Hobby Lobby has lots of little inexpensive things.

and only 23 days... eek!

Anonymous said...

I was scrolling down to see if they're faces were painted in the Santa pictures! :) Great shot! We went and saw santa last Sat. it was fun!

Lori said...

What a great family picture! :) You're beautiful! And the previous post about the messy flower/water was awesome. Thanks for shining the light on such a great project!

patty said...

so precious! i love that photo with the swirling christmas lights behind them!... how did you do that?!
enjoy santa while you can! *< : )

Lisa said...

Super sweet pictures. The boys coordinating outfits are too cute. Matchy but not something they'll always hate you for. :) I am out of the boy loop...I've never heard of Jolly Roger.

You are just beautiful!