Thursday, December 3, 2009

For The Well

Remember how I mentioned I had gotten a surprise when we went to go see Santa?
Well this is what I got.



I love them.


I love just adding them to a plain outfit and instantly having some pizazz.


The last one I ordered was for Cora's Playground. I wore it to Bogie's 1st Birthday in honor of Cora, she would have been one a week or so ahead of Bogie. It broke my heart that some other Momma wasn't planning a first birthday party. But I hoped and prayed all day that for the Mac's and their hearts. Wearingthe flower always reminds me to pray for them.


I love the flowers, but most of all I love that they stand for something.


They are in honor of something.


Last week I emailed Julie from Joy's Hope to order a new flower. I knew she was selling them and giving the proceeds to raise money for water in Africa.


Africa, a land with people in need, so many people. A land that God has put on my heart.


So I emailed Julie and told her I wanted to order one. She said sure and mentioned that they would also be visiting Santa the same night. While we were visiting Santa, she pulled it out of her pocket, handed it to me and as I struggled to get the cash out of my back pocket she said,


"Don't worry about it. Give the money to The Well."


All. of. it. Not just the proceeds.


Sometimes people or businesses associate themselves with a cause just to rally up business. This is not one of those times. Julie is passionate about truly helping people, helping children get fresh water.


Water that you and I take for granted.


Water that you and I waste.


Water that I get upset about because it doesn't get hot fast enough.


Water, a life essential.


I was stunned. I was blessed.

Check out what Julie and some of her friends are doing to raise the funds to build one well.

Project 320


6 comments:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

What a truly precious post. My husband and I have been thinking so much more about this as he prepares to go to India on a missions trip this Spring. It's amazing how much we have and how unaware of it we are isn't it?

Blessings,
Sasha

Mrs. C... said...

Preach it Sister!!! Makes me think of our own Missionaries that have to draw water from a well now, in Africa. Maybe you should go visit them, and I can go with you!!!!

patty said...

love the cause, and love the flower!
might have to go over there and do some xmas shopping today! :)
thanks for sharing!

Nancy said...

Love that zebra flower. Love the cause. Love it all. xoxo

Jill said...

Love this post! Love Julie and her sweet heart...love what an example for us all she is...of course I do love those flowers...and I am SO excited for her latest project!
I just know it's going to be a Blessing for many!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Many Blessings!
Jill

Genn said...

Great post. We truly do have so many blessings, such as water, that are so simply taken forgranted.

Love your flower. And I love that word "pizazz". I have naturally curly hair, and when I wear it curly I feel like I have more "pizazz" and swagger on those days. :)

To answer your Q about the camera pics with the lights, I was just playing with all the manual settings. Mostly I was shooting in shutter speed, with either the flash off or on Slow, or Rear release. I'm still trying to figure it all out.